This Web makes use of first-party and third-party cookies with analytic purposes about its activity and which are installed when navigating through the Website. If you keep navigating in it you accept the use which we make of them. If you wish, you may change your preferences in the browser.

Accept cookies Chage its configuration
Gobierno de España - Ministerio de Hacienda y Función Pública
Te encuentras en: Home»Companies»Companies with a Majority Interest»

Image of DEFEX


Foreign trade. Export of goods and services.
Participation SEPI:51% a 31/12/2016
Sector:Foreign trade
Chairman:Mr. Juan Carlos Villamía
Turnover (Million Euros):46 (year 2016)
EBIT (Million Euros):2.8 (year 2016)
Final workforce:14 workers (year 2016)
Registered office:C/ General Perón, 38., 28020, Madrid
Tel: 91 555 78 61

Foreign trade. Export of goods and services.


DEFEX has as its corporate goal the promotion and export of Spanish goods and services.

The company is part of the state-owned industrial holding company Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI) and in its Board of Directors are represented the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, the Ministry of Economics and Competitiveness, and the Ministry of Defense.

DEFEX detects commercial opportunities for Spanish goods and services through its international commercial network. This is carried out through international bids and direct collaboration programs with both public and private institutions.

The company acts as the main contractor in relation with its international customers, subcontracting later with the companies in different industries with which it collaborates.

DEFEX has also specialized in organizing loans and financial proposals of private and public financial institutions which make possible the projects’ feasibility and facilitate the conclusion of the exports under the best possible terms and conditions.

The Board of Directors of the Spanish state-owned industrial holding company Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI), in the course of its ordinary meeting held on April 28th, 2017, resolved to request the authorization of the Council of Ministers for the Members’ Voluntary Liquidation of the DEFEX company, in which SEPI has a 51% shareholding, while the remaining 49% is in the hands of private partners. The proposals comes from the Ministry of Defense.

The resolution was adopted after an analysis of the situation of DEFEX and after observing the difficulties faced by the company for operating in the market as a result of the reputational damaged suffered and the protective measures taken in the course of the enquiry carried out by the court Juzgado Central de Instrucción nº 5 of the Audiencia Nacional.

Logotipo ecológico

Antes de imprimir este documento asegúrate de que es necesario. Proteger el medio ambiente está también en tu mano.

Get to know SEPI
SEPI commitment
Press Room
Marca España web page offers news related to Spanish activity both within our borders and abroadThe Spanish Economy website provides access to the latest key economic information on Spain in english.Dependence FoundCrónica Gráfica
© SEPI - Velázquez, 134. 28006 Madrid. España Tel.: +34 91 396 10 00 Fax: + 34 91 396 15 60 -Legal Warning - Accessibility - Cookies Usage
CSS Válido!
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional
Icono de conformidad con el Nivel A, de las Directrices de Accesibilidad para el Contenido Web 1.0 del W3C-WAI
Desarrollado por
Empresa de consultoría, tecnología e innovación