The effort carried out by Grupo SEPI on the Environment during 2019 amounted to 81 M€.
The commitment to achieving a sustainable development constitutes one of the priorities in the management of the companies which make up Grupo SEPI. This entails the implementation of the best technologies, resources, and processes for minimizing the environmental impact of its corporate activities.
In this sense, companies of Grupo SEPI such as CORREOS, ENSA, ENUSA, SADIM (HUNOSA), NAVANTIA, and TRAGSA have at their disposal certified (UNE-EN ISO14001 and/or EMAS III) Environmental Management Systems (SGM).
Guidelines of environmental policy
The environmental policy guidelines approved by SEPI constitute the framework of reference for the Group’s companies when carrying out their corporate activities:
- Protection of the Environment. One of SEPI’s priority goals is achieving that its companies make compatible their production activities with the protection of the Environment.
- Commitment with the environmental regulation. A policy of respect and commitment with the environmental regulation is kept, and there is an engagement in the development of sensible and efficient environmental norms aimed at the continued improvement of the Environment.
- Training and social awareness raising. The implementation of the environmental policy basically depends on the organization’s environmental awareness. This environmental awareness among the employees is promoted with the right educational, training, and motivating programs.
- Use of resources. The best use of raw materials and natural resources is promoted, aimed at achieving a sustainable development, through the use of clean technologies, minimizing waste and its reduction, recycling and recovery, as well as opting for production processes with the lowest possible environmental impact.
- Technology. The most advanced technical and scientific knowledge is applied to the comprehensive protection of the Environment when designing the processes, products, and services. There is a promotion of the research, innovation, and technical cooperation aimed at the continual improvement of the environmental quality, as well as to the development of clean technologies, in line with the best techniques available.
- Investments. The environmental criteria are a priority when taking decisions, making use of adequate techniques for the environmental assessment of the investments, products, and processes, and including environmental impact studies.
- Management. The Environmental Management System is part of the companies’ global management. That system is based on the continued improvement and on the best environmental management norms available, and will include handbooks and guides, as well as procedures for the assessment, auditing, and communication.
- Communication. The communication with the authorities, local communities, customers, users, suppliers, and the general public will be seamless, allowing the knowledge of the real effects of the environmental policies, of the ecological characteristics of the products and services in order to make the best possible use of them, and giving a positive answer to the legitimate information requirements.